With LeadsCon Las Vegas right around the corner, we thought we’d share our best tips for making the most of LeadsCon. Whether you're a veteran or a first-timer, make sure to keep these in mind:
- Make sure to schedule at least 45 minute meetings. Traveling from one meeting to another can take up to 15 minutes at the conference, so if you and the person you're meeting with have back to back 30 minute meetings, you might get stuck with only a few minutes of face time. Build in travel time this year!
- Take notes on your interactions right after they happen. Sure, you might have a good memory, but 30 conversations later, you're going to wish you wrote the important stuff down while it was still fresh!
- Extra business cards. We at Jornaya meet an average of 5.7 people every year who either forgot or ran out business cards. Ok, that stat is a guesstimate, but don't be that guy or gal, and come prepared to network!
- Small meals, small drinks. If you've got two lunch meetings and drinks with four different groups, you want to save some room in your stomach, and some sobriety, for the later meetings.
- Stay healthy. Hydrate, take some vitamins, bring chapstick (strange, but the air in convention centers will really mess with you). That way, you won't be a total zombie for that big meeting on the last afternoon.
- Include your cell phone number on meeting invites. And, be sure to adjust for Pacific Time Zone when setting calendar invites if you’ve traveled in from the East. LeadsCon is big so it's easy to get lost or go to the wrong place. Make yourself easy to find and ensure everyone knows the right time to be on-time! Speaking of, don’t forget your phone charger! Rookie mistake.
- Don't forget to save some time to learn. It's not all about meetings; there's a lot of great content too!
Do you have a pro tip for LeadsCon? Please post it in the comments below. And, don’t forget to stop by the Jornaya booth (#212) at LeadsCon.