As with any technology sector, the digital marketing space is constantly evolving and expanding. That’s why it’s important to stay on top of new and growing trends in the industry. Here are Jornaya’s top predictions for the leading trends that will be prevalent in the coming year:
- Artificial intelligence will start to play a role in digital marketing decisions; and we’re at the very tip of the machine learning iceberg.
- For important considered purchase consumer verticals, newer leading indicators will emerge from consumer journey insights companies providing better barometers of consumer shopping activity. For example, imagine a new index that would be a leading indicator of the MBA Purchase Index or the MBA Refinance Index.
- Facebook lead ads will disrupt the current third party lead generation landscape.
- Continued growth of the MarTech landscape. The 2016 Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic included a whopping 3,874 technology solutions. As more companies learn how to leverage technology and rely on data to guide their marketing programs, this will only continue to expand.
- The KPMG 2016 Insurance CEO Outlook study about how insurance CEOs think about innovative technology revealed that “increasing sales” and “improving customer relationships” are the top two ways to leverage innovative technology. We expect to see Insurers following this trend and expanding their use of new consumer insights data sources and analytics technologies for those purposes.
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) will continue to expand introducing a new digital medium for advertising. VR will also continue to shift how “Social” is defined. With VR, you can go to the movies with friends but you’re all in different places in the world yet sitting in the same movie theatre watching and sharing the experience together. You can attend events, and collaborate (medical surgery) all through VR which is moving from 1:1 (personal experience) to many: many (social, groups, sharing.)