Effective on January 1, 2020
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
HOW WE MAY COLLECT, USE AND SHARE DATA
Information You Provide
We, and any service providers working on our behalf, collect information that you provide when you use the Site, for example when you voluntarily fill out any online forms and/or when you voluntarily choose to provide any information.
Information Automatically Collected
When you use the Site, we, and any service providers working on our behalf, may automatically collect certain technical information including, but not limited to:
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use on the Site. This information may include, but is not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) Address, geographic location, browser type, browser language and operating system.
- Browsing activity: This is information regarding your browsing activity on the Site. This information may include, but is not limited to, web analytics service (e.g. Google Analytics) or web server logs; such as what pages you visited and when, which parts of the content you were exposed to, and how long you remained on an individual page.
We may collect the following categories of information related to your use of our website:
|Category of Personal Information||Source of Personal Information|
|Identifiers (e.g. name, email address, postal address, or other similar identifiers)||Information you provide directly|
|Demographics (e.g. age, gender, race, or other protected classifications under applicable law)||Information you provide directly|
|Professional information (e.g. employer, job title, or salary)||Information you provide directly|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g. browsing history, IP address, browser information, or information regarding your interaction with our website)||Information you provide directly; directly from your browser; cookies and related technology|
|Inferences regarding preferences or other characteristics.||Derived by Jornaya from other categories of personal information|
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
You can find out more about how cookies work and how you can control them by going to various websites offering helpful information, such as allaboutcookies.org or networkadvertising.org.
We may use the information we collect to:
- understand the interests of Site visitors;
- customize a visitor’s experience when using the Site;
- respond to inquiries we receive through the Site; and
- to protect our rights, the integrity of our services and/or to prevent a violation of law.
We may share the information we collect:
- as required by appropriate third parties, including government and law enforcement authorities, if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such data is reasonably necessary to (i) satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or an enforceable governmental request; or (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Jornaya, or the public, as required or permitted by law;
- in the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger with, or acquisition by, another company; or the sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may disclose data to the party or parties involved in preparation for, and as incident to, such business transition; and
- to aggregate data for reporting, analytics, and other business reasons, including to promote or describe the use of our services.
The following categories of your personal information may be shared with service providers, law enforcement, and partners as described above and for our business purposes:
- Professional information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Inferences regarding preferences or other characteristics.
The following categories of your personal information may be shared for monetary or other valuable consideration:
- Professional information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Inferences regarding preferences or other characteristics.
CONSUMER CHOICES AND HOW TO OPT-OUT
In order to opt-out of targeted advertising, users may be able to opt-out of Interest-based advertising either through options provided through the websites users visit and interact with, or by using an industry-wide opt-out tool, such as:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- National Advertising Initiative (NAI): http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Please note that in some cases, users may still see advertisements after opting out; these advertisements may just not be tailored to your interests based upon your use of the tools above or other tools of your choice where available.
Opting out of cookies and beacons can be addressed by adjusting the device’s browser settings.
Please note that settings may need to be adjusted on each browser and device you may use.
You may opt-out of any emails or information that we send by following the opt-out mechanism(s) that are provided in the email or information. Where applicable, you may also unsubscribe from any information that you may have signed up to receive from us by following the instructions provided.
Information on cookie management options for the Site is available on our main website at jornaya.com.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law provides California residents with the following privacy rights:
- Right to access personal information: Individuals exercising this right may request access to the categories and specific pieces of their personal information we have collected in the prior 12-month period. Individuals exercising this right may receive their personal information, when provided electronically, in a readily-useable format.
- Right to deletion: Individuals exercising this right can ask us to delete their personal information we have collected, though we may be permitted to retain personal information for certain purposes.
- Right to disclosure: Individuals exercising this right can receive additional information regarding the sources from which we collect information, the purposes for which we collect and share personal information, the information of theirs we hold, and the categories of parties with whom we share their information.
- Right to opt out of sales: As permitted by applicable law, we may share your personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration (under California law, this is considered a “sale”). You may opt out of such a “sale” of your personal information to third parties. You can exercise your right to opt-out here: Do Not Sell My Info.
- Right to be free from discrimination: Users may freely exercise these rights without fear of being denied goods or services.
Currently, this law specifically applies to California residents, but Jornaya will respond to requests to exercise your rights which we receive from any resident of the United States. If you are a resident of California or the United States, and would like to exercise one of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com or through our main website at jornaya.com. You may designate an authorized agent to request the exercise of one or more of these rights on your behalf. Please note all consumer requests are subject to verification and there may be circumstances where we do not honor your request, as permitted under the law. We may verify your request by asking for additional information on what areas you would like to exercise certain rights pertaining to your personal information. If you are using an authorized agent, such requests are subject to the same criteria.
Some web browsers may be configured to send Do Not Track signals to websites, or web users may use similar mechanisms, to indicate a preference that certain web technologies not be used to track the user’s online activity. Our Site does not accept or process any such Do Not Track signals or similar mechanisms. As described above, our Site does implement technologies, including cookies, which enable the identification of a web user’s device as it interacts with different websites and applications.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND RETENTION
We use security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access to and unauthorized alteration, disclosure, and destruction of data collected, processed, and stored by our Site. These security measures may include firewalls; encryption; internal reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices; obligations of confidentiality; and restrictions on logical and physical access to data. However, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised or that information will remain secure under all circumstances. In the event we utilize third party services in the provision of the Site, we rely on those third parties’ representations and warranties. We retain information we collect through the Site indefinitely, or a shorter period of time as required by applicable law.
Our Site is intended for companies. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, disclose, or sell information from individuals who are under 16 years of age, and no part of our Site is designed to attract people under the age of 16. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain knowledge that a Client or Consumer is under the age of 16, we will take steps to remove that individual’s information from our databases.
Our Site is intended for use solely within the United States of America and is directed to Customers solely located in the United States of America. We make no representation that the Site is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all marketing or promotional materials found on or accessible through the Site are intended to be directed to individuals, companies, and other entities located in the United States.
CHANGES TO THIS SITE POLICY
This Site Policy may change from time to time. We will post any changes to the Site Policy on the Site as they become available. All information Jornaya collects is and will be subject to the latest Site Policy in effect at the time the information is collected by our Site.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS